Website Creation

Website Creation 

Link to my Website: https://kissdomi00.wixsite.com/my-music-video

To create my website I have used a website called Wix.com. This was the best website I could have used to create my own. At the start I was suggested to use a program called Dreamweaver. However this website was too complicated to use and we would have needed too much guidance on it therefore it was easier to use Wix. For me however there were a number of advantages and disadvantages of using this website These are listed below. 


Above is also a screenshot of the website itself. Every time I have entered the website it gave me the option to upgrade my account to premium which would give me access to a wider range of editing options. However the choices available were already wide and and I didn't want to pay actual money when it can be free. 


Advantages: 


-Preview: During the editing process the website allowed me to have a preview of the page I made which was good because I didn`t have to publish my site just to see what its going to look like. This was very beneficial because it allowed me to make improvements and help me choose a ideal design. 
-Editing tools: The main reason why I choose this software to edit my video is because of all the features it had which made my page unique. This allowed me to make it look like how I wanted it to be. On the right is a screenshot of all the fonts and add on I was able to choose from to make my website different and colorful. Moreover if i had a idea which was a bit more complex, for example putting more videos in, I was able to do it. 
- Multiple pages: This was a priority for me when choosing a software because I needed at least two pages so I can fit my blog page on one. Luckily I could do this with Wix. 
-Simple to use: This was the biggest benefit of using this website. It was very simple and easy to use. This meant that I didn`t have to watch guides on YouTube on how to use it and I didn't have to spend additional time on figuring out different features.  Converting videos for example were very simple and it accepted different formats and not just MP4. 


Disadvantages:

- Premium: Some of the good features that the website offered had to be paid for which made me compromise on some ideas. This wasn`t a major drawback however it did come as a disappointment. One of the things that had to be paid for is the size of the page. The size of me page was limited however luckily I didn't need any extra space so the space offered for free was enough.   



- Ads: This was only a little disadvantage as well because it didn`t limit what I could do on my site however ads came up on the final edit. This took away from the look of the website. 
- Storage room: Since I didn`t update my site to premium there was a certain amount of storage that I could use which limited the amount of videos I update to my site. This meant that I couldn`t upload all of my behind of scenes which I was planning to do. 


Evaluation:

Overall I was very happy the quality of Wix website and it was much better than some of the other software I tried to use such as Dreamweaver. The main problem I had with Dreamweaver was the complexity of it and how much harder it was to use. Moreover it didn`t give any layout which we could start off from like Wix did. Moreover to us Dreamweaver we would have needed a lot of additional guidance from the teachers on how to use it  which we didn't need with Wix. 

Comments

Popular Posts